Thursday, January 5, 2017

Post 1 Connor Johnson

Hi my name in Connor Johnson, I'm the oldest of two, and have a seventeen year old sister name Alexis Johnson. As we grew up our parents, would always share stories about how they met as well as the different lifestyles they grew up in. My father, Jackie Johnson was born in Jacksonville Florida in the early 1960's. He would share stories with me how tough it was growing up in a poverty driven neighborhood and how he had to take care of him and his siblings and mother. My mother, Jessica Childs grew up in a completely different lifestyle. She grew up in Bellevue Washington, the youngest of 4 siblings, but their family was much better off then my fathers at the time. As for me and my sister we are considered "mixed" or "half and half". My father is full African American and my mother is Caucasian. Coming from both spectrums, allows me personal to connect with both ethnic groups in a special way. Cause let me tell you, being in a room with my fathers family is a completely different story then hanging out with my mothers, but I wouldn't change that for the world. My sister Alexis is 17, and considered to be more of the "Good child" since she stays in more and follows more rules. She is very smart and athletic and one thing Physical that we share in common is out dimples that we got from out mother. Growing in in Kirkland Washington, you really didn't have to worry about gangs or poverty because everyone was well taken care of and was living a stable life. 

Moving on to another category of my life, the friends that have impacted my life. My best friend comes from England and grew up a couple blocks down the street from me. His name Oliver Macpherson. When Doug talked about walking to school with his friends, it reminded me of the times, Oliver and I would walk together from a young age because our parents were friends and set it up. Oliver is someone who has rub off on me because of his down to earth vibe as well as the respect he has for the people around him. Growing up together we would hang out just about everyday, and now looking back it was also good for us because we kept our selves out of trouble.

My other close friend is from Japan, his name is Uto Kyama. Uno is a one of a kind person who can make anyones day better. His parents both from Japan came over to the United states when he was around 8, and we have been friends ever since. Uto's family was much more well off then mine but you would never get the vibe from him or his family. 

I find it odd but awesome that my friends and I come from such different backgrounds but at the same time have a ton of things that we can share and agree upon.

Friends and Family are probably the two biggest impacts in my life other the baseball but the people I mentioned above have all shaped and created the person I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment