Friday, January 13, 2017

Migration Jacob Butler

My third generation great grandmother was born in England.   Her name was Martha Fletcher.  My third generation great grandfather was born in Ireland, and his name was John McConnell.  They met in Wiscoca, Ontario, British Columbia.  They had a son named Hugh McConnell.  He eventually moved to Montana to haul ore on The Great Northern Railway.  From then on, my mother’s side of the family resided mostly in Montana.
 
    On my father’s side, I found my fourth generation great grandfather.  William Johnstone was born December 15, 1869 in Ameliasburg, Ontario, Canada.  He moved to California in 1890. They had established a citrus farm.  He applied for naturalization in 1894 and became a citizen of the United States two years later. Will married Alice Eugenia Boost in 1902 in Pomona.  After citrus farming, he served on the California legislature in 1902, 1904, 1912, and 1914.  He had served as the speaker pro Tem for the California Assembly during the 1914 term. He wrote the Water Commision Act which was signed into law in 1914.  While traveling back to Canada with his wife in 1937, he passed away.  


No comments:

Post a Comment